LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time Travel Thursday #89 & Talented Time Travelers #88


"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories.
Some take us forward, they're called dreams."
~Jeremy Irons~


Welcome to the 89th Time Travel Thursday linky party at The Brambleberry Cottage!

Are you ready to share your fondest memories, grandest dreams,
and most creative projects? Great!

First, let's see what kind of creativity was linked
to last week's party by our talented time travelers.


Do you like vintage hats?  I do!

And I often find them at some of my
favorite shopping venues—auctions,
flea markets, thrift stores, and yard sales.

But...
more often than not, the prettiest ones 
cost more than I care to spend, and the more affordable ones are,
well...
just way too plain.

Carol @ The Polka Dot Closet has the perfect solution
for my dilemma.  She buys the cheaper plain-Jane versions and turns
 those ugly ducklings into beautiful swans.


No doubt, you're quite familiar with the
beautiful burlap blooms that began popping
up all over Blogland some time ago.

But...have you crafted any yet?

Amy @ Aprons & Ambition has a simple-to-follow tutorial
that will get you producing these pretty posies with the greatest of ease.


Take a look at this "sweet" cake.  Those fondant
teddy bears are just too adorable!

 Kagi @ Sweetened by Kagi created this
cute culinary work of art.


If the sweet treat above didn't make your mouth water,
the sight of this chocolatey taste-tempter is
certainly bound to!

You can get the recipe for this super-simple dessert at Delightful Curiosity.
And while you're there, why don't you welcome this
newbie to Blogland.   ; )


Pallet projects are popular DIY themes.  And I've
seen numerous items made from them.  But this was the first
kitchen carryall-shelf that I've seen.

 Adriane @ Pages from Home was the
brainchild for this handy piece.


That wraps up the fun features for last week.
Show us what's been happening in your neck of the woods this week?


IF YOU LINK TO THE PARTY, PLEASE BE SURE TO
LINK BACK TO THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE ON YOUR BLOG.

27 comments:

  1. Love these features Liz, especially the burlap bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice features, Liz. I love vintage hats and I love chocolate cake! And thanks for hosting. It's always a pleasure to link up.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for hosting... I LOVE those Vintage Hats from the Polka Dot Closet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many excellent features! Thanks for hosting and thanks for inviting me to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU LIZ FOR THE KIND INTRODUCTION! THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A NICE EXPERIENCE FOR ME, JUST HAD TO LET YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for having me today!

    Best wishes for a happy Thursday,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! I'm gonna try my hand at those burlap flowers this weekend. We'll see how it goes ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hat and head from last week, I have one very similar! Thanks so much for hosting again this week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those burlap flowers are so neat!! Love seeing the vintage finds and what we do with them here on Time Travel's party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for featuring my cake on your blog- that really means so much to me! You have some amazing projects linked up here :) I will be back every week to link up on this awesome link party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting! That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Liz!
    So happy to join the party today! Love last weeks picks. I love old hats too, but I also use them for bases of my music boxes I create. Hope you can stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the features this week. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the great links!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting. Lots to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for featuring my burlap rose tutorial! I've gotten so many sweet compliments on them...I'll have to do a tutorial on some more faux blooms!

    Your party is always rockin'.

    Amy {aprons & ambition}

    ReplyDelete
  18. You totally made my day, what a great surprise! Thanks so much for featuring my pallet shelf! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You totally made my day! What a great surprise, thank you for the feature on my pallet project!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh those burlap roses are so pretty and that shelf made from the pallet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the features! Thanks so much for hosting.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Liz
    As always a wonderful inspiration to me. Thanks for sharing and hosting. Lots of love from sunny South Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great feature...love those burlap blooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.