LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time Travel Thursday #88 & Talented Time Travelers #87


"We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories.
Some take us forward, they're called dreams."
~Jeremy Irons~


Welcome to the 88th Time Travel Thursday linky party at The Brambleberry Cottage!

Are you ready to share your fondest memories, grandest dreams,
and most creative projects? Great!

But before we get this shindig started, let's spotlight a few of
the talented time travelers from last week's party.


Am I the only person in all of Blogland who has not experienced
Annie Sloan chalk paint?!

When I see pretty pieces like this shelf by Analisa @
RUTH's farm and furniture, I feel like I'm
really missing out on something great.


I like a number of different decorating styles and have grown
quite fond of industrial chic pieces—like this clock.

Want to see another totally awesome industrial piece?
Then pop on over to THE OTHER ME IS SANE, and take a peek.


Okay, tell the truth! 
Have you ever heard of DIY ironstone?

Well, Todd and Jodi @ Cottage Charm Creations have
a tried-and-true method for turning pieces past their
prime into genuine gems!


Does this not look too yummy for words?!!!

Mary @ Sweet Little Bluebird knew how to tempt us.  Did she not?

I think we should start a new fad.  You've heard of dinner and a movie.
How about blogging with one of these muffins?

I'm game!   ; )

Now get this party started...
while I go find some chocolate!


IF YOU LINK TO THE PARTY, PLEASE BE SURE TO
LINK BACK TO THE BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE ON YOUR BLOG.

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great features from last week. Thanks for hosting and Happy Spring.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you are not the only one who hasn't tried ASCP. LOL I have made and used my own chalk paint years ago though, so does that count? New follower. Thanks for also following me too, it lead me here. Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH for the feature! whoop!whoop!

    Jodi @ cottage charm creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for being our lovely hostess!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for hosting!
    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh thank you so much for featuring my post on industrial decorating pieces. I am honored to have a picture shown on your blog party! Thanks again for all the work you do hosting your blog parties!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to do the link back in the morning. The iPad for some reason doesn't open my edit page- it's blank.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Liz, for hosting and the reminder.
    No, you're not the only one yet to experience chalk paint (of any kind).
    I'm planning to try to make my own.
    If it works for me, I'll let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz,
    That do it yourself ironstone sounds pretty amazing! Thanks for hosting. Have a great rest of the week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those muffins look yummy! Thanks so much for hosting again this week, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for hosting! I loved your post with the hand dyed eggs...amazing!! I cannot believe how these turned out! Great Job!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting. ASCP is great to use, but I have been pretty happy with the plaster of paris (1 measure), warm water (1 measure) [mix very well] and latex paint (6-7 measures) [mix very well] for painting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the invite, love your blog I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting. Love ASCP but have tried making my own. My first try was 1 measure plaster of paris, 1 measure of warm water (mixed together until satin smooth) and then 3 measures of latex paint. (I have also tried a 1/1/6 mix as well). I liked the 1/1/3 mix better).
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting the party!!! And, no, I haven't tried chalk paint, either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Liz - You are so sweet, thanks so much for the feature! Fun fun fun! I always look forward to linking up to your party on Thursday and seeing all the great shares! Hope you're having a great week. Thanks for hosting! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never tried chalk paint, bought or made! Thank you so much for hosting, I am off to mingle with the other guests!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Liz, Thanks for hosting! I have not tried the chalk paint yet either. Thanks for all the great sharing. Have a super week. Joyous Wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am going to have to check out the chalk paint and I think I really need to check out those muffins!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting! I love looking at the projects here!!

    Amy {aprons & ambitions}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting! I love looking at the projects here!!

    www.sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely blog and post. I just came over for a peeky from Faded Charm :) jeanetteann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.