Melody of Brown Gingham Creations has kindly honored me with The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, Melody, for your sweet gesture!
Now I must tell seven things about myself and pass this award on to fifteen other bloggers whom I find noteworthy.
1. I am the eldest of five daughters and my younger siblings love to remind me of that fact.
2. I was born in Germany–during the time my dad was stationed there in the army–and my first language was German.
3. I drive my family crazy over my obsession with health and wellness. Just ask the Yankee!
4. I was a double major with a minor in college. Told you I'm a type A personality!
5. I would prefer a gift certificate for my favorite salvage yard (if one were offered), over one for a retail store.
6. I would rather be outdoors than in–can't get enough of nature.
7. I love, love, love birds. The Yankee calls me "the bird lady". Does that make me his "tweetheart"?
(Uh oh; I guess that's more than seven...if you count the "sidenotes". Sorry about that.)
Fifteen bloggers I find exceptionally noteworthy (in no particular order):
1. Marian of Miss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog
I love the sophisticated simplicity of her style and her great tutorials.
2. Donna of Funky Junk Interiors
I think we're probably kindred spirits. She loves creating beauty from junk as much as I do.
3. Susan of Between Naps on the Porch.
If ever there were a blogger superwoman, Susan would be it. She works full time, creates idea books, hosts two weekly blog parties, and has just opened an eBay store and ETSY shop. Where does she find the time?!
4. Cindy of My Romantic Home
Viewing her blog is like stepping into a Romantic Homes magazine. She has definitely captured romantic, shabby chic décor.
5. Kim of Daisy Cottage
Though my decorating style tends to dictate soft, muted colors, I love visiting Kim's bright, cheery cottage via her blog. Those two terms seem to describe her personality perfectly, as well.
6. Mary of Little Red House
Her photography–especially as depicted in her mosaics–inspires me to perfect mine.
7. LaurieAnna of LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
Her decorating style is unique and at times quirky. I love to see what her latest repurposing projects are.
8. Sue of JUNKMARKET Style
If you're a junkaholic like me, Sue's blog can be addictive.
9. Dawn of The Feathered Nest
Dawn creates such wonderful crafts and even shares the best sites she has found for images.
10. Tiffany of The Fancy Farmgirl (ShabbyScraps)
Tiffany's fun, energetic blog is full of creativity and spunk. I think those adjectives pretty much sum up Tiffany, as well.
11. Tara of Typing Out Loud
A beautiful blog written by a beautiful lady.
12. Alice of Thoughts from Alice W.
She has a fresh, fun, and romantic style that I really love.
13. Dream in Cream
Everything there is dreamy in creams and whites. I find her blog very soothing.
14. Luann and Kaci of Patina Green
Their blog byline says it all..."buy old, make new". I love their repurposed lovelies.
15. Serena of Farm Chicks
I'm a farmgirl...need I say more?
There are many more wonderful blogs that I love to browse through. There's just never enough time!
One in particular I would like to send a big THANK YOU to is Heidi of Bord & Butik.
I won this cute Enesco teapot in her giveaway. It will be a sweet addition to the bedroom of a certain precious little pixie granddaughter of mine.
Thanks again Heidi!