LIFE AT THE COTTAGE

Friday, July 9, 2010

Better Late Than Never


BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE DETAILS FOR ALL THREE NEW LINKY PARTIES HERE AT THE COTTAGE!


Back in the spring, the Yankee and I did an antique show in Cameron, NC.

 I got so busy preparing for other shows–scheduled back-to-back–I failed to post about this one. 

But this town is so unbelievably quaint, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you.


I didn't have time to browse this adorable little shop when I was there, but the peek inside makes me want to go back as soon as I get the chance.


As I walked the main street to take pictures to share with you, I was sooo tempted to stop in each and every antique store along the way.


But there were just too many–in addition to the street vendors–to even consider it. 

It amazed me that there was so many terrific shops in such a small town, considering the population of Cameron is under 200. 

Maybe they're all shop owners!  ; )


As if all the antiques and collecibles weren't eye candy enough, the houses that line this main street made me wish they also offered a historic homes tour.


And I actually got to meet a fellower NC blogger at this show.


Tammy @ Tattered and Timeless had some of the sweetest offerings in her booth.

Be sure to stop by and tell her Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said hi.


Believe me; there were sooo many wonderful things to look at, I couldn't take it all in in the brief time I had to snap these few photos.


Let me show you where the Yankee and I were set up.

We were in the backyard of an old tea room that is no longer in business.

The owners's daughter tried to convince us to buy the place and restore it to its former glory. 

Oh, how I wish that were possible!  It's my dream to own a tea room and fill it with creations from the Brambleberry Cottage.

Maybe some day!


It was truly one of the most delightful places to be a vendor.



Tucked among the tall trees and set up next to an old barn, it was almost like being back home on our farm.


Even the old pecan grove where we slept–the night before the show–was serenely beautiful.


We will definitely visit Cameron again.

Next time, I want to go a few days early, so I can visit each one of those shops.  Want to come along?

If you look closely, there are splashes of pink in these pics, so I'm sharing at Beverly's Pink Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. Is that Cameron North Carolina??
    I live in Missouri and we have a Cameron here, but I don't think it happened there. Too cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I am so obsessed with antiques

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a wonderful place to stop at for a long weekend......hope you did well sure looked like alot wonderful things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz! Oh what a great place to visit and shop...I would have been in '7th heaven' seeing all those antiques and beautiful homes! Too bad Kansas is so far away...although we will be going to Pigeon Forge TN this fall to visit the Titanic Museum thanks to Misha at From My Front Porch. Can't wait to see that part of the country...I miss mountains and lots of trees. Thanks for sharing your photo's with us...have a wonderful weekend...Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Liz,
    That looked like so much fun! You said you slept in the Pecan Grove? Do you have an Rv or van? What part of NC is Cameron in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely charming! I'm going back to the beginning of this post for another tour!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat town...I'd love to visit just to go in that first shop!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! :-)

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great little place! I'll have to Google Cameron and see how far it is from me on the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun, FUN place! Loved every step, every building!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Liz, thanks for sharing a bit of my little old booth space..I adore Cameron and for years have tried to get Ms. Isobell to sell me that tea house- her kids want it sold but she said not till she dies..it was her mamas house and she could never part with it. You will have to come early next time..heck you can stay with us if you need to and then you can shop to your hearts content..
    I'll be there in the fall - I love the show and the town.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place, I would love to visit that show. Have a wonderful weekend and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place to visit and shop no less!! My type of town!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be beside myself and would
    want everything! It just looks wonderful!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love Cameron, and Miss Belle's was one of my favorite places for a quiet lunch. It has been years since we visited, but you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so funny to see you listing Cameron as that's where I live. I go to Cameron Baptist Church:) Hope to see you the first week of Oct.!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment.